Freitag, 5. April 2013

Fashion Royalty Spring 2013 collection: Classic

Hi everybody,

I just realized I have never featured a Fashion Royalty doll here on this blog yet but they were actually for a long time the main focus of my collecting. Now I am at a point where I have a rather large collection of dolls that I see as a great representation of this brand... and I really only want to add new dolls when I feel they are as stunning as my own dolls.
Furthermore, there were some rather frustrating quality assurance problems with these dolls in the past that made me buy less, too. To be fair, I must say that a lot of problems have apparently been fixed in the meantime and I did not really recognize it because I already bought less dolls.

Anyway, I do not want to go on about problems in the past but rather share the new dolls that will be released this spring/summer.

All photos in this post are not my own, but the official promotional images by Integrity Toys.

"Nostalgia" Dania Zarr, limited edition 600, suggested retail price: 130$
This is the doll I like most from this collection and I even thought about ordering her though I do think the choice of fabric is a bit odd for the dress. Am I the only one thinking jail uniform?



Splendid Jordan, limited edition 400, suggested retail 130$
I know that Jordan's sculpt is super gorgeous from the one I have in my collection, but I find this hair color odd, especially with the green accessories. I like the bag and shoes, a lot of the accessories this year look cute. I always plan to pick them up separately but of course nobody sells these.



Captivating Anja, limited edition 800, suggested retail 130$
I must confess I don't consider her so captivating but a bit boring. Plus, Anja is one of the very new sculpts that lack character a bit in my opinion.



Ambitious Kesenia, limited edition 700, suggested retail 130$
I find this outfit rather attractive even though I feel Fashion Royalty has done more attractive mini dress plus coat combinations in the past. Like with Anja, I personally cannot connect to the Kesenia sculpt.



Polished Korinne, limited edition 700, suggested retail 130$
This is one sculpt that I do consider very attractive but somehow the doll, hairstyle and outfit are just not really "coming together" here. I willw ait for another Korinne release. Normally the very new sculpts are released a few times in a row so there's a good chance we wills ee another Korinne soon, I guess.



The final doll cannot be ordered trough dealers but only by member of the Integrity toys fanclub, the W club. She is called Irresistible Dania and the edition size will be based on how many orders are received.
Again, I like the accessories but I am personally not a fan of the tanned skin plus blonde hair combination, even though I see a lot of collectors like it. I wish I could order the accessories only ;) They are Jordan's shoes and handbag in a beige color.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen