Mittwoch, 3. April 2013

Poppy Parker Spring 2013 collection: Poppy Parker at the 1965 International Fair

Hi everyone,

After I posted an image of a cute Poppy parker doll from my own collection last time, this time I would like to share some photos of the latest Poppy Parker collection to be released this summer. All dolls have an edition of 750 dolls, their suggested retail is 89$ and they are due in June.

In general, I am not a big fan of dolls in costumes representing certain countries. I am just a fashion person and I have a strong feeling I would never use any of the outfits except maybe the ones on Switzerland and Spain. maybe I don't like doll costumes because the German dolls always look terrible fully equipped with beer steins and sausages ;)

However, all the dolls have rather beautiful faces. They are essentially a combination of a new face up and favorite screeninings from the past.

All photos in this post are not my photos but the official promotional images from Integrity Toys.

"Irresistible in India" features the super popular face up from the limited "Fashion's night out" Poppy. She has a beautiful face but I hesitated because of her hair and dress:

"Spicy in Spain" is one of the dolls with the new screening. I think her hair color is interesting, looks very natural:


I think "Sweet in Switzerland" is a very cute doll. She looks very different from previous Poppy Parkers in my opinion- i think the screening has been used before but I am not sure on which dolls:


Pretty in Polynesia has the screening that was used on the very first collection. I think it is odd that even in the promotional photos, it looks like her head and body are not matching color (or am I the only one seeing this?):

Finally, Joyful in Japan features the new screening with cute cat eyes again. I must say that I would have liked to see another country features. there are already a lot of dolls in Komonos out there and some look a lot more detailed than this one.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen