Dienstag, 28. Mai 2013

Italian Doll Convention (IDC) / Possibly upcoming sybarite and exclusive Sybarite doll, Seance

Hi everyone,

The IDC took place last weekend in Milan, Italy, and I must say even though conventions are still a very new thing for me (convention number two for me was this year's Paris Fashion doll festival) I definitely feel like including this event in my travel list for next year. It seems like a very well organized event with a wide range of dolls being featured and most importantly for me, Superdoll really had fantastic offerings both last year (exclusive doll Poltergeist, exclusive Salon fashions, raffle for a LE 2 table centerpiece doll names Velvet, Preview of "Domina") and this year.

I think some people did not go for the same reason as me, which is that the organizers were not able to confirm whether or not Superdoll was going to participate until pretty late when people already got into trouble with reserving spots for the convention and planning days off.

Anyway, I guess mistakes are there to learn from them and this year, there was an exclusive gown which looks like a very chic brocade-style fabric number"folded" in the front (no picture to share here, sorry) as well as a LE 2 doll as table centerpiece again (red, short curly hair with a green gown decorated with sequins and chains, called Alora- no picture either, sorry, I hope I'll be able to share one soon).

There are pictures however of the beautiful exclusive doll called Seance. I am not 100% sure but the LE is supposed to be 20 and I hear there was no mad fight for the dolls. If this is true, it's another very good reason to go next year (unless so many people decide to go that the situation changes drastically). I like her but not so much that I have to hunt her down on the secondary market. here are some links:

http://dollobservers.com/photo/seance-superdoll-idc-salesroom-2013-exclusive?context=album&albumId=5159573%3AAlbum%3A162475

http://dollobservers.com/photo/seance-idc-2013-exclusive-close-up?context=album&albumId=5159573%3AAlbum%3A162475

Finally, a special highlight was the opportunity to preview four prototypes (or, as I heard, three prototypes and a production model) of the upcoming Sybarite collection. From what I heard, there were four dolls in green, yelloe, pink and blue with Mohair wigs and themes inspired by the last Chalk White doll collection. Apparently the doll observers page was the only one allowed to take pictures of one of these dolls, she is suppsoed to be the production model for the next upcoming doll in June 2013, but I'm not responsible for spreading false rumours here, ok? ;-)

http://dollobservers.com/photo/albums/exclusive-sybarite-prototype-doll-photos

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen